- 9522 Huffmeister Rd #500, Houston, TX 77095
- 5627 Aldine Bender Rd. #3, Houston, TX 77032
Title: Cashier/Counter Position
Reports to: Restaurant Manager
As the cashier, you are responsible for greeting the customer,taking orders, charging and receiving money, and ensuring the customer receives the correct order. You may also be responsible for duties of a Food Runner, Busser, and Dishwasher should the need arise. Below you will find the job description for this position that will outline your responsibilities and qualifications for this job.
Duties & Responsibilities Include (but are not limited to):
- Ringing guest orders into the cash register or POS system.
- Responsible for counting cash drawer at beginning and end of shift.
- Greeting guests, taking food and beverage orders, and in some cases expediting food order.
- Be a team player – support and assist your fellow team members whenever possible.
- Maintains sanitary standards.
- Always come to work in a clean uniform and maintain a clean and organized workstation.
- Learn the menu and be familiar with specialty items which may not be on the menu.
- Answering phone and taking phone orders when needed.
- Interacts with customers in a friendly and efficient manner.
- Stocks tea beverages, restocks cups, counter desserts and table numbers neatly, accurately and efficiently.
- Maintains hot or cold temperature conditions in dining room as per standards.
- Cleans tables and chairs, as assigned, by the start of each meal period.
- Cleans equipment, as assigned, thoroughly and in a timely fashion.
- Keeps floor in work or service area clean and free of debris.
- Suggestive selling! Sell desserts each shift via counter and phone orders.
- Restock tartar sauce, bottled teas, straws, silverware,etc. at the beginning and throughout the shift.
- Clear tables and clean with sanitizing solution after guests leave the restaurant.
- Communicate guest requests promptly to server or manager to relay customer comments regarding food delay, problem, etc.
- Assist server as needed with food delivery, especially with large parties and during peak periods.
- THANK every guest as they are leaving.
- High school diploma or equivalent desired but not essential for prep area.
- Must be able to read, speak,write, and understand the primary language of our guest.
- Must be able to perform simple math calculations and make change.
- Must have the ability to stand and walk for extended periods of time (up to 5 hours).
- Must have the ability to lift, stoop, and bend.
- Must have the ability to lift items weighing up to 25 pounds frequently.
- No previous restaurant experience required.
- Must be able to work in a team environment and amicably communicate with co-worker to achieve work related objectives.